An exciting opportunity has arisen in our clients Academy to contribute to the development of professional footballers through raising aspirations and performance and helping to build ambition, confidence and resilience in their scholars. Working as part of a team, you will be responsible and accountable for a cohort of scholars and our Youth and Foundation Phase players, working with them in a diverse range of ways including delivering the Btec Level 3 National Sporting Excellence and Performance qualification and Lifeskills programme, helping them in goal-setting, monitoring achievement and attendance.
You will be expected to liaise with parents, schools, and the Premier League education department to support, challenge and motivate scholars in all aspects of the learning journey.
We are looking for a committed and motivated individual, with experience of providing assistance, support and guidance to young adults. You should have excellent communication and language skills and have the flexibility to work as required at the academy.
- Primarily prepare, teach, and assess Btec Level 3 Nationals in Sporting Excellence and Performance classes 3, 3 hour session per week, ensuring scholars are achieving target grades.
- Ensure that all Academy players adhere to the academy values and behaviours and display a high level of respect and discipline.
- Ensure scholars work is marked to a timely and accurate fashion to ensure potential is met.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- To assist scholars to set individual short, medium, and long-term goals to create Individual Action Plans for all players
- Report for 12-week reviews for scholars, parents/guardians reporting on academic progress.
- Attend internal staff or external stakeholder meetings as required.
- Liaise with Functional English and Maths tutor and keep register of attendances.
- Operational support for other departments within the Academy as required such as Safeguarding, Player Care, SEP and Player Welfare.
- Support the Hybrid training model for players in the Under 12 - Under 16 age groups.
- Relevant Degree and experience to teach Btec Level 3 Nationals in Sporting Excellence and Performance
- Relevant teaching qualification
- Experience of student development with 16 - 19 year olds
- Experience of working within an education setting
- Experience and understanding of apprenticeships
- FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
- This role requires a DBS check
- Degree or qualification in Sport
- Experience of working with students aged 9 to 16.
- Experience of working within an Academy
- Organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- ability to communicate with parents/guardians
- ability to communicate with players of all age ranges
- ability to communicate with other team members across all phases.
- Supervisory and management skills