Due to the strong growth of our client within sports, a Commercial Analyst is now required within the Commercial Development & Business Operations team to identify, analyse and pursue new business opportunities, which will continue to enhance the trajectory of the commercial unit.
You will join the partnerships team to provide research, insight, business intelligence and analysis across a number of ongoing projects, related to delivering results against partnership sales objectives. The candidate will play a significant role in developing and implementing the commercial process and will be required to bring a creative and strategically minded approach to the position.
The successful candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about sport generally and be conversant on the role commercial partnerships now plays in improving brand, consumer and fan engagement within a specific sport and the relevant properties our client is involved with.
Tasks the successful candidate can expect to undertake include:
- Conducting desk-based research into potential industries and sponsors that align with Blackcastle’s properties and sharing concise information with the commercial team allowing for a compelling and differentiated sales approach.
- Working with the management team to continuously develop and improve the overall commercial strategy, with an emphasis placed on providing insightful direction regarding specific properties.
- Work alongside the commercial team in defining, assessing and understanding the assets we have and the areas in which they can add value to prospective clients – property analysis.
- Analysis of the partnership landscape within sports and specifically motorsport, enabling the business to stay in-line with trends and allowing us to approach other relevant businesses and sectors at the earliest opportunity.
- Converting large quantities of information into relevant, organised and easy to understand formats.
- Utilising our clients array of market research and insight tools to generate information required to make targeted approaches.
- Producing relevant reports on brands prior to meetings / presentations.
- Building creative business propositions and rationales, enabling our sales team to make calculated and decisive approaches to brands, armed with the bespoke information allowing us to differentiate from other sports properties.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with our creative agency, creating and delivering briefs and working closely with the team to build bespoke and compelling sales collateral and brand proposals.
- Assist in presenting partnership and activation concepts to Blue Chip companies around the world, supporting the sales process and having input into the structuring, negotiating and a delivery of a commercial partnership agreement.
- Educated to degree level with a minimum 2:1 grade.
- Previous experience undertaking desk-based commercial analysis within a sporting / partnership’s environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Analytically minded.Diligent attitude when faced with large pieces of work.
- A strong level of commercial awareness and interest the sports marketing world.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills.
- An understanding of the sales process within a corporate environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work in a fast-paced environment.
- A pro-active approach with the ability to complete tasks under own initiative and also in a team environment.
- A passion for problem solving and data analysis, while being able to communicate information clearly and concisely to stakeholders.
- Excellent at producing engaging reports with strong and clear recommendations.Self-motivated, innovative and strategic.
- Prospering in an environment where no day is the same.
Additional skills that are desired but not essential:
- Have a deep understanding of sports and sports marketing and the industry landscape.
- Have experience in sports sponsorship / partnership sales.
- The desire to travel.
- The flexibility to work some weekends. This will be limited and only in certain circumstances as the role may require.
- Monday - Friday
- 9am - 6pm (Flexible)