Our client is an elite professional rugby league football club based in the North West of England, competing in the Betfred Super League.
The Corporate Sales team is responsible for selling and administering the Club’s commercial sponsorship/partnership activities, advertising, hospitality, events and various other commercial revenue activities.
WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR
The successful candidate will possess excellent administrative skills, with a confident, pleasant telephone and personal manner.
You will have had previous sales/sales administration experience and ideally a track record of being able to generate leads and appointments which will ultimately result in achieving agreed sales budgets.
We are seeking a committed and diligent individual who is a team player and willing to go the extra mile.
• Take/process bookings for corporate hospitality packages over the phone and in person
• Work with the Business Development Executive to target new business leads by the effective use of relevant databases
• Ensure administration with regard to all bookings is timely and accurately delivered, including correspondence, tickets, itineraries, and invoices
• Pre-plan all match day hospitality itineraries including the use of non-playing players, former players, and entertainment
• Match day duties to include hosting relevant suites/rooms, conducting interviews, meeting and greeting clients, etc
• Ensure relevant databases are kept up to date, ensuring accuracy of all information
• In conjunction with the Head of Corporate Sales, plan and deliver non-match day events (eg Club dinners, golf days, themed evenings)
• Assist with any other administrative duties required for the smooth running of the Corporate Sales department
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• First-rate administrative skills, and experience of working in a similar professional “business to business” environment
• IT skills need to include high-level proficiency in Word and Excel, while a working knowledge of Adobe packages (PDF/Indesign) would be an advantage
• The successful candidate needs to have a warm and friendly telephone and personal manner, with the confidence and ability to close a sale/booking
• Experience of successfully making appointments and sales, through the use of pro-active telesales and face-to-face meetings
• Excellent standard of written English is required, and the ability to proofread is essential
• Marketing/Business degree or other relevant professional qualification is desirable
The successful candidate will be a professional person who is driven to succeed, is hardworking, is relentless, honest and trustworthy, always willing to go above and beyond expectations, and an enthusiastic team member.
The Commercial Sales Administrator will be required to work at all home fixtures as well as some events on evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
A full driving licence is essential in order to perform the role.