Our client is looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic Commercial Sales Manager to identify, prospect and acquire new advertising and sponsorship agreements; at all levels, in addition to owning and delivering the post-season Pitch Hire program and budget.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Development, and working closely with the rest of the Club’s Commercial team, you will share responsibility for developing the Club’s primary & secondary partnership base; as well as selling the Club’s array of commercial products to both regional & national businesses.
Other main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Head of Commercial Development, to identify, prospect and acquire pre-packaged Primary and Secondary Partnership opportunities;
- In collaboration with the Commercial Sales team, deliver the Club’s ad & sponsorship sales budgets; including static ground advertising, big screen advertising, player kit sponsorship, program advertising etc.
- To cross sell match day hospitality and experiences to both new and existing client base
- Working with the Head of Commercial Development, to identify, prospect & acquire pre-packaged Primary & Secondary Partnership opportunities
- In collaboration with the Club’s Marketing Team & Head of Commercial Development, develop a robust marketing plan to support annual retention strategy
- Manage relationships with key external advertising and sponsorship agencies;
- Management of the Club’s Lotteries function – particularly the growth of the Club’s player base and product brands;
- Collaboratively with relevant internal stakeholders, review and explore financial and operational efficiencies across advertising and sponsorship product sales and delivery;
- To consistently monitor industry and regional trends and opportunities - exploring all new revenue generating opportunities; and
- Using both sales performance data and customer feedback, constantly look to refine and improve the existing B2B advertising and sponsorship product range.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ sales experience working in a B2B capacity to help deliver the above. Advertising sales experience and a passion for sport is desired but not essential.
You will need to have excellent communication skills to create strong working relationships both internally and externally whilst demonstrating a confident and proactive approach to working.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to begin a career within the Commercial department at a Premier League Football Club.