Our client is looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to work in their Commercial team, focused around the conception, sales and delivery of the Conference and Banqueting event bookings.
Reporting to the Conference and Banqueting Business Development Manager, and working closely with the rest of the Club’s Conference and Banqueting team, you will share responsibility for maintaining and developing existing key accounts in order to maximise revenues and exceed targets whilst also looking at innovative ways to generate new business.
Other main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To proactively work with the team to ensure financial targets for the department are met on a monthly/yearly basis.
- To oversee the entire event sales process from enquiry, to sale, to contract, planning and delivery including all administration.
- Through account management with key clients, drive further revenue and repeat business, expanding these accounts year on year.
- Ensuring that all sales conversations and transactions are recorded on the CRM and in-house systems.
- To attend outbound site and sales visits to businesses and networking events when required.
- Ensure all contracts and administrative duties within the full sales process are fulfilled and carried out with attention to detail and with the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- To demonstrate full knowledge of all rates, packages and contractual obligations for all C&B market segments, negotiating rates as necessary to maximise profit.
- To regularly maintain and update third party websites to maximise visibility and revenue generating opportunities.
- To drive competitor analysis ensuring shop calls, site visits and board spotting are completed & recorded on a regular basis. Ensuring full and up-to-date knowledge of all competitor products and services is maintained.
It is essential the successful candidate has experience in outbound proactive sales with the ability to build an industry network and profile.
Other key attributes include but are not limited to:
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Positive about achieving Club, departmental and individual success
- Confident with excellent people skills
Educated to degree level or equivalent and experience or exposure within the sporting, hospitality and corporate sales is desirable but not essential.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to begin a career within the Commercial department at a Premier League Football Club.