• Communications: To lead the implementation of an integrated communications and engagement plan for several interventions and work-streams. This includes planning, preparing and delivering a range of targeted marketing activities whilst ensuring all content is clear and easy to understand, using plain English and to be tailored to the appropriate audiences.
• Partnership: Develop and manage community partners to grow our digital platforms and trial face to face engagement methods. Work with wider team to support community partners, becoming the main point of contact for signups to our digital platforms and supporting partners to populate their content on our systems.
• Design: Create & design marketing materials, producing high-quality, innovative written & visual material including researching, copywriting, editing, proof-reading, development of documents. Develop content for websites, digital platforms, social media, email campaigns and other channels; to convey key messages to target audiences. This includes production and management of visual content such as graphics, infographics and video.
• Digital engagement: Use social marketing and online tools to promote projects and increase active participation, focusing particularly on those in the most deprived communities. Meet KPI’s for increasing membership and engagement rates across all platforms. This includes development of our digital platforms, proactively seeking opportunities to build and engage our audiences and networks.
• Video/Photography: Create and curate project videos as part of the digital content and case study collation as part of our process learning. When required, visit projects and events to capture images with the required release permissions and catalogue.
• Training: Train the team, staff and volunteers on how to use social media and digital platforms to support marketing goals and objectives.
• Research: Engage and bring together the programmes target audience to learn and develop key messages/campaigns to extend community reach • Community: Work with communities to co-create content and campaigns that address their issues and amplify their successes.
• Coordination: of staff and volunteers required to deliver campaigns and events linked to communication and community growth activities and campaigns.
• Resources: Ensure all work/projects are monitored and evaluated and all budgets managed effectively. Manage all service contracts/delivery. Ensure all work is compliant in terms of TAWS policies/procedures and relevant legislation (Data protection/GDPR).
• Campaigns and Events: Develop packages of digital and physical campaign resources as requested by workstream senior responsible officers. Producing a suit of templates to be used by communities, activators and local community action officers/networks to support activity promotion. Identify and resolve any issues with promotional content in a timely and professional manner.
• Teamwork: To work within the team and the wider organisation to support the values of the organisation and to ensure that citizens are central to the work that is being delivered
2). Knowledge/experience, skills and abilities
• At least 2-3 years’ experience in a communications or marketing team, including successfully working on integrated marketing campaigns.
• Experience in community engagement communications, events promotion and digital engagement.
• Clear experience in developing and managing bespoke and out the box digital platforms, content management systems and understanding of CRM systems.
• Positive, fun and friendly communication style – using ‘out the box’ thinking and trying new engagement methods. Evidence of having a creative and innovative approach to ‘doing things differently’.
• Significant experience of campaign design, development and management including working with senior internal and external stakeholders, agencies, suppliers and community organisations.
• Experience of website development, social media, e-mail and other digital campaigns and the use of customer profiles, tracking and knowledge of digital analytics tools.
• Comprehensive understanding of the external communications channel mix (media, social media, digital) with the ability to drive awareness, engagement and conversions
• Advanced production and design skills with significant attention to detail.
• Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills
• Good interest in technology, online platforms, user experience, SEO, segmentation and marketing metrics.
• Photography, filming, editing and video production skills.
• Ability to prepare and present interpretive material/information in a creative and innovative approach to a range of audiences.
• A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure to resolve key challenges.
• Effective organisational and administrative skills using both manual and digital systems.
• Ability to communicate key messages and information in a clear, accessible style
• Demonstrate confidence, energy and ability to enthuse and motivate people with the tone of content produced. Strong internal and external customer service delivery.
• Ability to work flexibly and independently, as well as part of a team, managing a varied workload whilst prioritising and achieving targets and deliver deadlines.
• Seek opportunities to communicate with all our stakeholders regularly and support local groups to communicate with the target audiences.
• Must have a flexible approach to work to meet deadlines and support weekend and evening events across Birmingham & Solihull when the programme requires.
• Experience of working in Community Benefit Society, charity or public sector (desirable)