Our client is looking to recruit a highly experienced and motivated Head of HR to deliver a proactive and robust HR service, providing relevant and appropriate employment legislation advice and support to the Executive Committee, Managers, and all employees.
Driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all company procedures and documented policies the successful candidate must be CIPD Level 5 qualified with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
The Head of HR will sit within a small team providing an efficient HR service to 250 employees and a large number of casual workers across three sites.
The Head of HR will be responsible for successfully upholding the Club’s values and behaviours in all practices and functions of the HR department, including a rigorous and effective recruitment and induction programme.
Other key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Line management of the HR function, consisting of; HR Officer, HR Apprentice and Business Administration Apprentice, inclusive of coaching and developing their professional aspirations.
- To work closely with the Head of Engagement & Delivery to promote staff engagement and morale, to encourage high levels of staff retention and motivation.
- Lead and successfully deliver an agile HR strategy ensuring it continually upholds the Clubs vision, values and goals coupled with any league requirements/standards.
- Deliver a robust and generalist HR service across the Club which includes the delivery of an accurate and compliant payroll administration process.
- Ensure all external business requirements are undertaken. Such as Gender Pay Reporting, Apprenticeship levy, Slavery Act ensuring that any commitments made are adopted as appropriate.
- Review and update policies, procedures and practices to cover the full range of the HR function, ensuring they reflect current best practice, comply with legislation and support the Club’s vision, values and goals.
- Provide advice and guidance on case work and relevant employment legislation to line managers. Supporting managers with complex and/or sensitive situations, including restructures, performance management, disciplinary hearings and settlement agreements where necessary.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, particularly the Engagement and Delivery Team to facilitate and effectively communicate shared HR initiatives.
- Ensure that contracts and other employment documentation are up-to-date, legally compliant and issued to a consistently high standard.
- Regularly analyse internal and external HR data and present findings as appropriate providing practical and relevant solutions. Such as KPI’s and business reports.
- Responsible for undertaking a regular training needs analysis, with support from the in-house trainer, identifying suitable training solutions, including e-learning and maximising the use of the Apprenticeship levy where possible.
- Lead on equality, diversity and inclusion across the Club by promoting collaborative working with colleagues and managers across the Club, and building effective relationships and partnerships with relevant external stakeholders
- Ensure GDPR compliance of HR practices including carrying out GDPR training and annual audit of how HR store and use information.
- Keep up to date on Employment Law and HR best practice.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a generalist remit with the ability to multi task and prioritise work. It is essential for the successful candidate to have a high level of integrity and will be able to clearly demonstrate this.
Other attributes include:
- Qualified CIPD level 5 minimum, together with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the HR sector and having worked in a Management or Supervisor capacity.
- A strong track record of delivering a variety of HR projects on time.
- Extensive experience and ability to provide high quality professional guidance and advice across the full range of HR topics.
- Experience of delivering training in people management issues to Line Managers.
- Experience of managing and developing a team of direct reports.
- Personable and approachable.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with employees across the business.
As employees are based at multiple sites a full driver’s license is essential.