A Football Club are looking to recruit a highly efficient and competent Sales Manager to drive the hospitality matchday, seasonal sales and venue hire business at this London sporting event venue.
As this is an established venue you will also be responsible for managing the existing client relationships, maintaining strong relations, ensuring regular contact and in turn driving repeat business, both in terms of matchday hospitality customers as well as venue and event clients.
In addition, we are looking for someone to take the venue forward, creating new relationships, generating enquiries and building up a local network of new corporate clients. We require an individual with a good understanding of the industry and proven track record of converting business in a target driven environment.
The role would involve working with internal and external clients, taking initial phone and email enquiries, through to event completion, including the coordination with the client and liaising with operational staff.
• To proactively source new business in conference and event sales, as well as matchday hospitality and executive box sales
• Build strong relationships and develop new client accounts
• Maintain strong working relationships with matchday and seasonal hospitality customers and executive members
• Focus on sourcing new business and creating own appointments and lead generation
• Work with both Corporate clients and Agencies to deliver new business target
• Attend both onsite and offsite appointments
• Produce and deliver high value proposals at a senior level to potential clients
• Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly sales activity report
• Research and attend business exhibitions locally and nationally
• Take a proactive stance to look at and challenge product offering, identifying improvements and providing solutions to the senior leadership team
• Achieve KPI’s as set and agreed with Commercial Director
• Work as a team player with all departments
• Ensure all leads and activities are continuously followed up to maximise revenue conversion
• To demonstrate the ability to negotiate rates and secure business, by understanding the needs of the customer and deliver them in a commercial and practical manner.
• The role will include matchday working, which will be agreed in advance.
• The role will be predominantly office based, however some travel and remote working will be necessary
The successful applicant;
• A minimum of two years' experience in a sales or account management environment ideally in the venue sales or hospitality industry
• Proven experience of meeting and exceeding targets and KPIs
• Resilient mindset
• Ability to build strong and long-lasting relationships
• Effective communication skills both written and oral
• A self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work flexibly with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Outgoing personality, with an interest in hospitality and a desire to progress within the events and stadia industry