- Organisation and delivery of matchday marketing, fan engagement strategies and non-matchday events
- End-to-end campaign management and delivery across a full marketing mix
- Ownership of Club’s outbound/traditional marketing activity including OOH, DM, POS & print
- Ensuring all marketing collateral is of the highest standard and up-to-date across all channels
- Management of matchday event staff, ‘Fan Squad’
- Following and developing the marketing strategy as set by the Marketing Manager
- Report and analysis on ROI of marketing activity
- Championing the Aston Villa brand and its values
- Planning projects, creating timelines and ensuring deadlines are met
- Writing proposals, project plans, individual project P&L’s and timelines and managing them from start to finish with the Marketing Manager.
- Manage the production of marketing materials such as newsletters, flyers, posters, leaflets, POS, signage, e-newsletters and various digital assets for campaigns
- Organising and attending events led by the marketing team as required
- Source opportunities / place adverts, and advise on advertising effectiveness both on and offline
- Daily liaison with designers on creative, and ensure that the designs meet the brief objectives
- Proofread design, and communications and be the ambassador for the club’s brand guidelines
- Liaise and build relationships with a range of stakeholders across the club, on various levels
- Be able to structure a campaign using both print, digital and experiential channels
- Organise and attend photo shoots and club days when needed
- Arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials with internal and external suppliers
- Maintaining and updating marketing databases in conjunction with the CRM Manager
- Conduct Market Research for sample surveys and questionnaires with our fans and other audiences we deem relevant
- Contribute to marketing plans and strategies and suggest improvements
- Be a sense check on team budgets, advising marketing spend for your departments marketing requirements on a monthly and annual basis
- Responsible for assigning marketing activity from multiple team budgets.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the marketing of two or more departments and planning their calendar over the year, communicating the effectiveness of each activity, during and after and tweaking as needed.
- Evaluate marketing campaigns / activities during and after the run length of the project and record findings
- Attend, work, and manage marketing based events and/or matchdays as required.
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which your manager or another senior officer of the Club asks you to perform.
- To be aware of our Brand Values and ensure that your actions and behaviour are consistent with and champion those values at all times.
- To embrace diversity throughout the club and ensure that your behaviour demonstrates that commitment at all times by encouraging diversity and facilitating equality of opportunity in accordance with the Club’s Equality and Diversity Policy in force from time to time.
- To be aware of our Company Policies and Procedures which may be updated from time to time; to ensure that your actions and behaviour are consistent with and champion the requirements of those policies and procedures at all times.
- To ensure that you have seen and are familiar with the contents of the Staff Handbook.