Based in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, the successful candidate will create and provide opportunities for all its Members to access relevant training and education to support the roles they undertake in the golf industry; oversee the process of recognising, accrediting and recording the personal development of each Member; and grow the awareness of career development opportunities available to Members.
• Coordinating the delivery of an annual programme of personal development opportunities for all its Members;
• Developing, delivering and maintaining its digital learning platform);
• Overseeing the daily operations linked to PGA developed and its managed qualifications
• Overseeing the education element of the re-election to Membership process;
• Identifying routes for career development and signposting learning opportunities;
• Identifying relevant courses, qualifications, certifications relating to roles within the golf industry;
• Negotiate the supply of relevant courses and qualifications from external providers, maintain service level agreements;
• Producing a cost model to ensure financial viability and compliance with budget;
• Overseeing the smooth delivery of all Member education events held at the its National Training Academy and online, ensuring compliance with quality standards;
• Overseeing the process of recognizing, accrediting and recording personal development of Members;
• Working with industry employers to accredit in-house training and companies to accredit Product Training;
• Overseeing the use of the Member Education website and supporting communication functions;
• Promoting the benefits of personal development, monitor, research and identify learning and development needs of all Members;
• Liaise with Development Managers, Officers at relevant Home Unions and other Associations;
• Report, monitor and evaluate all Member education/training activity;
• Promote training programmes/qualifications through face to face meetings, presentations, conferences and events;
Qualifications and experience that are essential for the role include:
Being educated to degree level (or equivalent)
Experience of learning systems and procedures; budget and finance management experience
Excellent IT skills
Some experience in arranging workshops, conferences or events.
Experience of web design and build,
Excellent knowledge of the game of golf
Appreciation of the roles of Members, the golf industry, the structure of golf and management of golf facilities,
Experience in design, development and evaluating a range of teaching materials are all desirable.
As well as having excellent presentation, communication, planning and organising skills,
The successful candidate will be familiar with working to strict deadlines, have a flexible approach to work and the ability to negotiate and influence whilst having a clear knowledge and understanding of the structure and business of golf.
Understanding the needs of a Membership organisation and a clear understanding of workforce planning, development
and support are desirable competences.