The NCS Programme Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of a high quality, safe and to specification programme. Responsibilities extend to the management of operational and administrative staff, oversight of health and safety and safeguarding matters as well as operational deployment and incident management.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
1. To develop and implement a project, recruitment and community engagement strategy to recruit and retain young people onto the NCS programme.
2. To achieve weekly and monthly targets as set out by the contract managing partner and/or Funding Organisation.
3. Review recruitment data to monitor performance against overall targets and to identify and adjust approach where performance is under agreed targets.
4. To develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders including EFL Trust, NCS Trust, schools, colleges, local authority and voluntary sector organisations.
5. Meet regularly with appointed EFL Trust Performance Manager to review current performance across all aspects of the NCS programme
6. To understand and manage performance against contractual KPIs
7. Develop partnerships that support recruitment and delivery of the NCS programme
8. To line manage and support the NCS team, setting, reviewing and monitoring team and individual
targets and objectives in line with those flowed down by the Managing Partner and/or Funding Organisation
9. Manage the requirements of the contract and communicate these to the NCS staff team.
10. Management of the programme expenditure and budgets
11. Be responsible for the safeguarding of the young people, both participating and working on programme and be responsible for incident management
12. Ensure appropriate Risk Assessments are undertaken and be responsible for programme Health and Safety matters
13. To be the main point of contact for both NCS Trust and EFL Trust Health and Safety or Quality Assurance visits
14. Attend regional and national meetings and contribute to best practice sharing across the EFL Trust network.
15. Identify key areas of best practice and areas for development within your own NCS delivery to ensure the continuous improvement of the NCS programme
16. Ensure the NCS programme achieves the customer satisfaction score benchmark as set by the funding body.
17. Lead on the development of the NCS programme delivery timetable, ensuring all submission deadlines are adhered to.
18. Ensure the Programme Quality Framework and agreed timetable is embedded throughout the NCS delivery.
19. Oversee the recruitment and training of seasonal delivery staff ensuring contractual safer recruitment is adhered to and that the staff are performance managed and supported.
20. Manage delivery staff rotas to ensure staffing ratios and adequate rest periods are adhered to during the delivering the NCS programme
Personal Specification Essential Skills & Experiences
1. Proven project management experience.
2. People management experience, in particular management of a multi-disciplined team in a youth work environment.
3. Experience and/or knowledge of Secondary /Higher education sector
4. Practical experience of managing information operating systems and the ability to interrogate data from a CRM system.
5. A proven track record of managing relationships and partnerships and the ability to communicate with people at various levels.
6. An understanding of safeguarding and health and safety in a youth work setting.
7. A proven ability to work to under pressure to tight deadlines.
8. A commitment to supporting young people, and the principles of equality and diversity
9. Self-motivated and the ability to work on own initiative.
10. Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills.
11. Proven planning and organisation skills.
12. IT literate with particular emphasis on Microsoft and Google packages.
1. A knowledge and understanding of the NCS programme.
2. Experience of working with young people, particularly 15-17 year olds.
3. Relevant degree or Project Management qualification.
4. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM or database which manages people and project information
5. An understanding of the issues faced by young people.