• Validate all supplier invoices for appropriate documentation, coding and approval prior to payment.
• Manage supplier invoices in accordance with company payment terms and invoice due dates. • Input and upload supplier payment batches and management of fortnightly payment runs.
• Monthly supplier statement reconciliations for the largest supplier accounts.
• Monthly accounts payable control account reconciliation.
• Management payment schedules for football creditors, including away tickets, transfer payments and league payments, ensuring all payments and returns are made before the deadlines.
• Working with the sales ledger clerk and management accountant to identify improvements in processes and controls and implementing these.
• Holiday cover for other tasks usually covered by sales ledger clerk.
• Assisting the management accountant with month-end and year-end processes, including provision of information to auditors.
• The role will include some matchday working, which will be agreed in advance.
The successful applicant;
• Trustworthy, conscientious and reliable individual
• Ability to work well with others, and generate sound work relationships with a variety of staff throughout the club, as well as with key suppliers to the club.
• Experience of working in a finance department is essential
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills are desirable
• Experience using an accounting system is desirable, and use of SAGE 50 would be advantageous.
• Ability to work to deadlines and manage your own workload, through taking your own initiative.