An exciting opportunity has arisen to join British Dressage in the important role of Regional Development Officer for the North West region. Working full-time from home, but with extensive travel, the successful candidate will cover activity throughout the North West region, promoting and developing British Dressage.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Regional Development Officer is responsible for:
- Representing British Dressage in their region, often being the first point of contact.
- Working closely with Head Office to develop, promote and support BD activities.
- Facilitating the implementation of policy from the main Board and Technical Committees.
- Providing a key method of communicating the views and interests of their region’s members to the centre.
Ensure that all activities in the region support delivery of BD’s Strategic Plan, including:
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Committee, ensuring effective communication with Regional Representatives, other BD staff and Committees.
- Ensure corporate instructions and guidelines, including branding, are implemented across the region’s activities
- Act as budget holder for all regional activity, ensuring effective monitoring, timely reporting and delivery on budget, according to BD’s financial regulations.
Take a key role in the on-going development of British Dressage in the region, including:
- Develop & promote British Dressage in the region to increase BD membership. Act as a point of contact for members and potential members
- Develop & promote British Dressage in the region to increase participation in BD activities
- Work with the relevant Technical Committee to develop, test and implement new ideas and activities within the framework of the BD Strategic Plan
- Promote the sport of dressage in the region to increase awareness and raise standards.
Ensure that all BD activity in the region is well organised, cost effective and appropriate to the needs of the membership, including:
- Organise and / or co-ordinate with the Regional Representatives, a range of Senior Training, BD Youth, Judge Training, Coaching and Para activity, in line with direction from the relevant technical committee.
- Support and co-ordinate dressage competitions in the region. Administer organisers’ meetings and co-ordinate future dates.
- Oversee the quality of dressage competitions in the region in liaison with the Fixtures Officer and Sport Operations Manager.
- Undertake biennial Venue Assessments and administer new venue applications.Administer the selection of teams representing the region; ensure that teams are supported at events and attend events where possible.
Ensure effective communications across the region, including:
- Advertise and promote regional activity through the administration of regional pages on the BD website, BD magazine, the production of regional newsletters, and external publications.
- Monitor and evaluate the success of BD’s activities in the region, from the perspective of the members; and build constructive feedback based on this to inform regional activities and central policy and practice.
Any other task reasonably requested by the Chief Operating Officer or the Chief Executive.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Highly personable, with ability to build strong professional relationships
- Positive, enthusiastic and proactive, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Equally adept at working independently or as part of a team
- Structured approach to work with excellent attention to detail
- Valid current driving license and own transport
- Facilities to work from home