Our client are looking for an Advertising Sales Executive to join their thriving Commercial Team. This role requires a tenacious professional who is business focused with a proactive sales approach to securing new business through the sales of advertising and sponsorship inventory.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial you will be required to attain and exceed sales targets through the active selling of the advertising and sponsorship portfolio, with a primary focus on maximizing digital advertising sales.
As an Advertising and Sales Executive you will be required to have the combined skills of sales, management, excellent organisation, with the ability to understand the immersing digital market and maximize these opportunities. You will be required to have contact with new and existing customers through cold calling, warm leads and referrals, with a clear focus on being able to identify and pitch our digital inventory to new potential clients.
On match days the successful candidate will be required to work alongside the commercial team to ensure smooth delivery of match-days and to assist in managing key account activation, alongside the clubs Senior Key Account Executive.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To attain and exceed personal targets set by the Chief Commercial Officer;
- Source and develop new clients by actively selling the advertising and sponsorship portfolio both on and offline via cold calling, ecommerce, social media and face to face activity;
- Identify and deliver new Advertising and Sponsorship sales with a clear focus on the digital inventory;
- Oversee and develop the club’s social media sales profile such as LinkedIn, Facebook and twitter;
- To assist with the development and implementation of sales and marketing plans;
- To establish and maintain professional working relationships, documenting and processing client’s requirements;
- Keep abreast of movements in the advertising and sponsorship industry and report to the Commercial Manager;Other duties as required.
The scope of these duties may be extended as dictated by the changing requirements of the department and the organisation, and therefore, the role may require additional ad-hoc duties as reasonably required.
Skills & Abilities
- Possess good negotiation skills and pro-active sales ability
- Have a persuasive diplomatic approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Able to work in a team or on own initiative and liaise with people at all levels
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and well organised
- Be of smart appearance and professional manner
- Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times