Our clients vision is to improve the personal and professional lives of its Members. To assist with delivering its core objectives, our client is seeking to recruit a Tournament Director based at it’s regional office in Guildford. Reporting to the Regional Secretary, the Tournament Director will be responsible for planning, developing and delivering the Regional Tournament schedule on a daily basis for Members throughout the Region, overseeing the administration, delivery and activation of events primarily within the region but occasionally throughout the UK and internationally as required.
Principal duties include:-
- Co-ordination of all pre-event arrangements such as: promoting the event; conducting planning meetings; course inspections; compilation and distribution of meeting notes and reports; preparation of local Rules and all tournament paperwork; and schedule/organize adequate staffing for the event.
- Deliver the Tournament to ensure the standards of our client are upheld and the expectations of Members, host venues, golfers and partners/sponsors are met to include: overall responsibility for ensuring adequate administration processes (ie registration, starting, recording, rulings); organizing collation of/posting results; conduct prize-giving and presentations; manage all Press and PR; co-ordinate all resources (to include support staff and equipment); ensuring customer service standards, quality and expectations are met; ensuring health and safety, driving and working hours regulations are adhered to; and occasional driving of tournament vehicles to/from events.
- Ensuring all events are adequately budgeted for and delivered within pre-agreed budgets.
- Responsibility for the operation of BlueGolf and ensuring the accuracy of all administrative and public facing information pre and post event.
- Supporting the Regional Secretary and office staff when not at tournaments.
- Telephone and digital communications with Members, Golf Clubs and Partners/Sponsors.
- Playing an active role in achieving regional KPI’s designed to meet our clients strategy in terms of Member engagement, financial targets, benevolence and welfare, communication and commercial and playing opportunities.
As well as having an expert knowledge of the game and structure of golf the ideal candidate will be a competent, knowledgeable player, having passed our clients exams. Areas of experience will include: database management, IT, administration, communication, customer care and staff management. Holding a basic first aid qualification and being able to spend time away from home is essential for the role.
The key competences to succeed in this role include: the ability to lead and manage a small team, being flexible, organized with the ability to plan and prioritize work against strict and often distant deadlines, being customer and business focused whilst being a confident public speaker and decision maker, being highly motivated to continuously improve standards, giving attention to detail and understanding the profile, needs and demands of the business. As well as having a positive approach and attitude, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate they are a good communicator (verbally and in writing), they are able to remain calm under pressure and able to make, give and follow instructions.
Whilst this is a permanent, full time role with the core hours of the business being 9 am to 5 pm Monday - Friday a large degree of working outside of these hours is expected with some weekend and bank holiday working. In addition to a competitive salary, our client is offering a company car, membership of the pension scheme and (after a qualifying period) membership of the private healthcare, company sick pay, group income protection and group life assurance schemes.